Authentic 2 is a versatile identity management server aiming to address a broad range of needs, from simple to complex setups; it has support for many protocols and can bridge between them.
Authentic 2 supports many protocols and standards, including SAML2, CAS, OpenID, LDAP, X509 and OAUTH2.
Authentic 2 is under the GNU AGPL version 3 licence.
It has support for SAMLv2 thanks to lasso http://lasso.entrouvert.org, a free (GNU GPL) implementation of the Liberty Alliance and OASIS specifications of SAML2.
Authentic 2 requires Python 3 et Django 2.2
- SAML 2.0 Identity and service provider
- OpenID 1.0 and 2.0 identity provider
- Server CAS 1.0 and 2.0 using a plugin
- Standards authentication mechanisms:
- Login/password through internal directory or LDAP
- X509 certificate over SSL/TLS
- Protocol proxying, for instance between OpenID and SAML
- Support of LDAP v2 and v3 directories
- Support of the PAM backend
- One-time password (OATH and Google-Authenticator) using a plugin
- Identity attribute management
- Plugin system
First of all, you can boot Authentic vwithout root privileges like this:
1. Initialize a virtualenv:
2. Install Authentic:
pip install authentic2
3. Initialize the database migrations:
4. Run the HTTP test server:
You can open bug reports or feature request on this site.
Entr'ouvert also provides a commercial support. For information, see http://www.entrouvert.com.
Authentic is copyrighted by Entr'ouvert and is licensed through the GNU Affero General Public Licence, version 3 or later. A copy of the whole license text is available in the COPYING file.
The OpenID IdP originates in the project django_openid_provider by Roman Barczy¿ski, which is under the Apache 2.0 licence. This imply that you must distribute authentic2 under the AGPL3 licence when distributing this part of the project which is the only AGPL licence version compatible with the Apache 2.0 licence.
Issue submitter: Agate Berriot, Alexis Mathias, Anaïs Ecuvillon, Benjamin Dauvergne, Benjamin Renard, Bouthaïna Belkroukra, Brice Mallet, Clément Oudot, Clément Serale, Corentin Séchet, Cédric Dourdent, Emmanuel Cazenave, Emmanuel Lacour, Florent Angebault, Frédéric Péters, Guillaume Baffoin, Laurent Wargon, Lauréline Guérin, Loïc Dachary, Marie Kuntz (absente), Mikaël Ates, Nicolas Roche, Olivier Renard, Paul Marillonnet, Pierre Cros, Pierre Ducroquet, Pierre-Yves Dillard, Sentry Io, Serghei Mihai, Stéphane Guiet, Stéphane Laget, Tanguy Le Carrour, Thomas Chemineau, Thomas Jund, Thomas Noël, Valentin Deniaud