Authentic 2 is a versatile identity management server aiming to address a broad range of needs, from simple to complex setups; it has support for many protocols and can bridge between them.
Authentic 2 supports many protocols and standards, including SAML2, CAS,
OpenID, LDAP, X509 and OAUTH2.
Authentic 2 is under the GNU AGPL version 3 licence.
It has support for SAMLv2 thanks to lasso http://lasso.entrouvert.org,
a free (GNU GPL) implementation of the Liberty Alliance and OASIS
specifications of SAML2.
Authentic 2 requires Python 2.7 et Django 1.5.
Full documentation available on http://packages.python.org/authentic2.
- SAML 2.0 Identity and service provider
- OpenID 1.0 and 2.0 identity provider
- Server CAS 1.0 and 2.0 using a plugin
- Standards authentication mechanisms:
- Login/password through internal directory or LDAP
- X509 certificate over SSL/TLS
- Protocol proxying, for instance between OpenID and SAML
- Support of LDAP v2 and v3 directories
- Support of the PAM backend
- One-time password (OATH and Google-Authenticator) using a plugin
- Identity attribute management
- Plugin system
First of all, you can boot Authentic vwithout root
privileges like this:
1. Initialize a virtualenv:
2. Install Authentic:
pip install authentic2
3. Initialize the database migrations:
authentic2-ctl syncdb --migrate
4. Run the HTTP test server:
You can open bug
reports or feature request on this site.
Entr'ouvert also provides a commercial support. For information, see
Authentic is copyrighted by Entr'ouvert and is licensed through the GNU Affero
General Public Licence, version 3 or later. A copy of the whole license text
is available in the COPYING file.
The OpenID IdP originates in the project django_openid_provider by Roman
Barczy¿ski, which is under the Apache 2.0 licence. This imply that you must
distribute authentic2 under the AGPL3 licence when distributing this part of
the project which is the only AGPL licence version compatible with the
Apache 2.0 licence.
- Sous-projets: Identity Hub
Manager: Benjamin Dauvergne, Josué Kouka, Mikaël Ates, Paul Marillonnet, Victor Claudet
Developer: Benjamin Dauvergne, Frédéric Péters, Josué Kouka, Mikaël Ates, Paul Marillonnet, Thomas Noël, Victor Claudet
Issue submitter: Benjamin Dauvergne, Brice Mallet, Clément Oudot, Frédéric Péters, Jean-Baptiste Jaillet, Josué Kouka, Mikaël Ates, Paul Marillonnet, Pierre Cros, Serghei Mihai, Thomas Chemineau, Thomas Noël, Victor Claudet